If you live outside of Portland and are intrigued by my approach, you might be interested in therapy via phone, Skype, or even email. I’ve worked with individuals in New York, Hawaii, Peru, and South Korea, among other far-flung places. I especially enjoy working with expatriates and individuals with an established meditation practice.
When I started this work, I wondered if phone therapy could work as well as the intimate setting of the therapy room. After years of experience, I can say with assurance that distance therapy can be as powerful and transformational as face-to-face sessions. I’ve worked for months or years with clients whom I have never met in person, yet the intimacy of our work and the depth of our connection speaks for itself.
How It Works
1. E-mail or call me to schedule a free initial phone consultation — generally around 15 minutes. Let me know a little (2 -3 paragraphs) about your current situation and the issue(s) you’d like to work with.
2. I’ll get back to you with some possible times for our initial consult. You call me at the number I’ll send. In that first brief call, we’ll explore what’s on your plate and how we might work together.
3. If we decide to work together, you’ll mail me a check for 2 sessions ($220). Or you can pay by Paypal.
4. Once I receive payment, we’ll schedule your sessions. Because I work with people in a number of different time zones (and am bad at keeping track!), all times I quote you will be Pacific time. You’ll be calling me at the phone number I’ll send you.
5. Once we’ve established a working relationship, billing is handled as for my regular clients, with payment due at the end of the month. You can mail me a check or ask me to invoice you via Paypal. As with regular sessions, 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Any positive balance you may have on your account is fully refundable.
Skype & Email Sessions
Skype sessions work much like phone sessions — scheduled times, you call me, etc. Some people like the face-to-face interaction; others prefer the convenience of a Skype call without a video interface. I am happy to arrange the sessions however you’d like.
Some people find that communicating by writing allows for a more reflective rhythm. If you’re interested in email, we can discuss how it might work – a weekly appointment time to communicate directly with each other, or an ongoing chain of communication. My turnaround time is within 24 hours during the week, generally much faster than that. Billing is based on my hourly rate. I keep track of the time I spend on replies, and will let you know periodically how much time we are using.